History

 IBEW Local Union 613 is an affiliate of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, a union born from the efforts of a brave and courageous St. Louis lineman, named Henry Miller. During the late 1800s, Brother Miller traveled to cities, across the U.S., working at the trade, and organizing the electrical workers he met and worked with into local unions. In 1891, 10 local unions met in a small room above Stolley’s Dance Hall in St. Louis, adopting the name of National Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and drafting our Constitution.

Our great union, which began with less than 2,000 members, has grown to almost 800,000 strong. Instead of 10 local unions there are now nearly 1,000 local unions representing members in many fields, including Construction and Maintenance, Utility, Telecommunications, Railroad, Broadcasting and Recording, Manufacturing, and Government.